Author Topic: Fine print on coupon...What does "transferred" mea  (Read 6865 times)

SaveDough

Fine print on coupon...What does "transferred" mea
« on: December 11, 2002, 12:52:25 PM »
Can anyone tell me about the fine print seen on many coupons... What does that phrase   .....void if transferred... mean?

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by SaveDough »

Rachael

• Administrator
Transferred
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2002, 12:05:01 AM »
I have my ideas..but technically means it means being passed from one person to the other..however, the whole concept of coupons is that they are passed from one person to the next until redeemed, so I figure it has to mean somehow the concept of taking the value and giving it to someone who has no right to that value. In other words, the cashier cannot put the coupon in the drawer and pull out the cash... It cannot mean that you can not have the coupon and pass it on to someone else, otherwise, there would be no coupons, because people do all the transferring of the coupons. My newspaper guy actually has to buy the papers first (transfer) and then I buy them (another transfer), before I pass them along to you (another transfer), before you pass them to the cashier (another transfer) who then turns them into the store (transfer) who then passes them along to the clearing house and those ladies there transfer them into cash. So, it has to have some unethical, illegal connotation. --Rachael
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Rachael »

thegotoguy.com

further clarification on the "transferred" questio
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 01:59:19 PM »
:?  Rachael,

I understand what you're saying, but experience tells me if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Have you spoken with a lawyer regarding this issue?

I really enjoy your site and your service, but I'm worried that some day all this "saving" may come back to haunt us.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by thegotoguy.com »

kouponking

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 11:34:01 AM »
> I really enjoy your site and your service, but I'm worried that some day all this "saving" may come back to haunt us

I think its safe to say that "bending the rules" is a significant part of the couponing hobby.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by kouponking »

Rachael

• Administrator
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 12:15:50 PM »
Yes we have spoke to a lawyer about this. He said it is not a problem. Don't you wish lawyers and Doctors had to use language regular people understood?

Ken here for Rachael
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Rachael »

thegotoguy.com

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 02:53:13 AM »
Quote from: "Rachael"
Don't you wish lawyers and Doctors had to use language regular people understood?

If life were perfect, we'd have nothing to complain about.

We'd also have nothing to look forward to.

It'd also be pretty boring.

I guess that would give us something to complain about.

Thanks for letting me know, I feel a little more secure now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by thegotoguy.com »