Author Topic: Polish Orphan 2009 Christmas Project  (Read 9604 times)

Becky

• Email
Otwock
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 04:12:00 PM »
Today we had 5 programs/special times for giving away presents.  We were able to give out 210 presents to children and 105 to their parents. I'll be posting pictures on here very soon. I'm pretty tired tonight as it brings to almost a close the work of a month or so.  I will call on Monday and see if we can go to the local juvenile detention center for girls, though.  We would go there on Christmas Eve, after their Christmas supper. We've gone there for the last few years and always enjoyed the chance to "give out" on their special day.

The Polish people celebrate Christmas eve much more than Christmas day, here.  The girls in the juvenile detention center are often from very poor or dysfunctional families.  We do seem to enjoy our presents and I'm thankful for the chance to share with them on their special day.  Since we are typical Americans, for us Christmas eve isn't THAT special--we really just celebrate on the one day, Christmas day. What we do on the evening before varies, though our children usually do open one present. :)  Pictures later. I'm about to drop in my tracks.

Becky

• Email
Re: Polish Orphan 2009 Christmas Project
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 04:13:17 PM »
This brings our total present count to 545 and 410 candy bags.  (The babies who got diapers didn't get candy bags nor did the parents.)