Author Topic: Paid only 22% of "original" today  (Read 4544 times)

Rachael

• Administrator
Paid only 22% of "original" today
« on: May 08, 2009, 12:17:29 AM »
Well, tonight, I had the fun opportunity to go to PUBLIX armed with coupons, a $10 competitor coupon (Winn DIxie) and a sale paper that held some surprises for me.

I had originally thought that the sale wasn't so great, but I ended up saving $107.00 at Publix tonight and spending only $30.00.

I did the math and saved 78.1% off the original prices.

Here's some of the things I bought.

Electrasol was a ridiculous $7.79 for 32 pack. Thankfully, it was buy 1, get 1 free, and I used two of the $2.50 coupons.

Bird's Eye veggies were 50% off, so the broccoli was only $.89. I had $1/2 coupons, so it was just $.39 per package.

Sara Lee Cheesecake bites were $3.99, and 50% off and I had $1.00 off coupons, so they were only $1.00 each.

Sara Lee Simple Sweets were 50% off their price, so they rang up at $1.69 and I had $1/1 coupons, so the 2 slices of delicious pie were only $.69!

I ended up with 5 8packs of Pepsi for $10.00. I do have some $1/2 coupons, but i'm not sure if they'd let me use the Buy 4, get 1 free coupon along with two sets of the $1/2 coupon. I actually forgot to try.

I ended up with an entire buggy full of things for $30.15, which includes 1.43 tax. I was THRILLED! Why?

I've got FOUR COLLEGE KIDS COMING HOME SATURDAY!

-_RW

Rachael

• Administrator
Re: Paid only 22% of "original" today
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 12:18:18 AM »
I was happy!

kbooty

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 06:15:08 PM »
good job!!!!

amjordie

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 11:02:16 PM »
That is amazing! I am new at this, and I do shop at publix and various stores, but I can't fathom how you do this! I use the coupon when it is buy one get one, but I don't come close to doing what you are doing! P.S. I attended BJU too! I loved it!

bebtl

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »
That is great.  I strive to be more like you :)  I think I am doing great when I spend 40-50% of what was original prices.  I have a question, maybe others can chime in - do you forewarn those behind you in line that you may take a while with all your coupons?  I have gotten some really nasty reactions because it seems to take a while with the cashier because I may have several batches of items that I am paying for separately to get my coupons doubled (Meijer will only double two identical coupons at a time) and then in general just using a lot of coupons.  I am just curious how it goes for other people.  I try my hardest to have everything organized for the cashier, but it still takes some extra time, so do you forewarn those behind you in line???

dianebhartsell

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 04:05:08 PM »
Great Job Rachael!!!!

I love when our local Harris Teeter store has tripple coupons. I have had multiple occasions where they had given me money back. Yes, I promise that is a true statement. I always scan the sales papers for really good sales. Then if they happen to be out of something, I get a raincheck, even if I don't have a coupon for it at the time. I am getting pretty good at knowing what items eventually have coupons. I will hold on to the rainchecks until I do see the coupons and can order them. Most of the time, I get items practically free. It takes some time to research the sales flyers of all my local grocery stores, but it is well worth it, my grocery bill on average is probably less than $100 a month. On tripple coupon weeks, it is much, much less than that. To the young lady who stated that she gets dirty looks from people in the checkout, please, please, pay them no attention. Trust me, it happens to me almost every shopping trip. But in today's tough times, if those people don't have to use coupons, they need to consider themselves very lucky, and one day, they to may have to shop with coupons. I'll bet they change their ways then. Also, I have recently joined the BJ's warehouse club, in North Carolina. They send out coupon books every month to their members. I also just found out something else they do. Being a warehouse club, you see everything in bulk. So they may have a 4 pk box of cereal, say "Cheerios". If they are individual boxed, if you have a coupon for say .50 cent off one, you can use 4 of them. And if they have a coupon in their coupons, you can use that one to, on top of yours. Anyone that has a BJ's near by, it would be well worth joining.