Author Topic: The Living Gallery at BJU  (Read 3156 times)

Rachael

• Administrator
The Living Gallery at BJU
« on: April 19, 2009, 04:47:28 PM »
This spring has been an outbreak of craziness here at the Woodard household and TCC.

So, though I've been frantically taking pictures, I've rarely had time to glance at them, much less post them on the site anywhere.

Well, I finally am making a few minutes to post the pictures that I took a week ago on Saturday while in G'ville, SC, at Bob Jones University.

Sarah, 19, our daughter, was a production that they call "The Living Gallery." Her cousin, Timothy Petersen, my twin sister's boy, and his roommate, Michael Ritschard, were also in the production as well.

it's difficult to explain, but basically, BJU has painted HUGE renditions of famous paintings for the background and for many of the people, they're taking live students and making them models within the painting. During the production, the lights are made to do various things, so that you can see that the college students are in the paintings and then something else is done ot the lighting and it looks like they are just a part of the art work.

Sarah was easy, as she was the only lady in the two people scupture by Michelangelo called, "the Pieta."

Here she is in the "green room", between performances on Saturday, April 11, 2009.

Timothy, Sarah's cousin (my nephew) and his roommate, Michael Ritschard, are two of the men in the DESCENT FROM THE CROSS. Timothy, in the bathrobe, is Jesus. Michael is one of the men at the foot of the cross.

This one is just Michael by himself.

We got a kick out of all the men from "Jesus' day" now playing on their computers.

Below is one of the college kids who appears to look flat in one of the scenes that is largely black and white.

here's a girl in the same painting as the guy above.

Below you'll see some characters from different paintings "hanging out" together when not on a painting!

SarahWoodard

Re: The Living Gallery at BJU
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 09:29:55 PM »
Especially look at the guy on the right of the bottom picture. He really looks flat. Some of the models weren't students but staff. One of the ladies (she is staff)  who was in the black and white drawing has been in every single Living Gallery since the university started producing them.