Author Topic: MARCH MANIA.... read and ENJOY the Madness of it all  (Read 5695 times)

Rachael

• Administrator
MARCH MANIA.... read and ENJOY the Madness of it all
« on: February 28, 2008, 08:16:39 PM »
As many of you know, my husband is a pastor of a small church here in Central Florida.

This is what prompted me, in a very round-a-bout way, to get involved with doing another "job".

Well, one of the many things that Ken does (my hubby) is be on the board of a Christian camp called THE ANCHORAGE.

If you're interested in looking at the camp, you can go to http://http://www.TheAnchoragecamp.org.

Each year the camp does a crazy, crazy event called MARCH MANIA.

This is Andy. He turned 17 on Feb. 1

They ask each of the former staff members and/or board members to do an insane thing called RUNNING or JOGGING. They ask for each of the campers/adults, to get people they know to sponsor them.

Well, my son went and helped my hubby work for a week last September when the camp had a full week of a high school retreat and they had no help. So, Ken packed up Andy (16 years old at the time) and they went. During that week, Andy worked like a "proverbial dog", scarcely sitting down, breathing and certainly not resting or relaxing except a bit at night.

Well, he learned the value of not complaining and hard work during just this one week of camp work.

Well, now he wants to be involved in this crazy MARCH MANIA MADNESS.

So, he's asking all of us to sponsor him while he gets in shape and runs or jogs or walks for a mile or so each day. He plans to walk for one mile each day during the entire month of March.

Of course, he'd like to get as many sponsors as he can during this time period.

If you can help Andy to work toward this goal, he would really, really appreciate it.

He's been after me to tell you all about this for over a month now.

If you want to, you can get a tax deductible receipt for this donation, as the camp is a non-profit organization with tax-exempt status. You can write the check directly to

THE ANCHORAGE,
P.O. Box 126,
Lake Waccamaw, NC 28450

This is a picture of Beautiful Lake Waccamaw that the camp is situated on. They do NOT own the lake, but can use it. Andy entered this picture in this year's County Fair and took first place with it. We found out last Saturday.

If you do want to help with Andy's efforts, can you put his name on a slip of paper and enclose it in with the check? That would be great.

Remember, you can get a receipt for this for 2008's tax return as well.

If you want to send paypal, you can do that, but right now, they don't have that set up as of yet.

However, I can take it and write a check straight to the camp for you. However, if you do that, until they get their own paypal account set up, you can't get any tax receipt for next year's taxes, since I am not capable of doing that.

Anyway, if you want to do that, you can:

paypal@thecouponclippers.com and I'll see that it gets to the camp for Andy's MARCH MANIA MADNESS.

Every penny of this money will go straight to the camp. In other words, even if you send paypal, I'll personally eat the paypal fees that we encounter (and believe me, there are plenty of those), and send the entire sum on to the camp. For instance, if you send $30, I actually only receive like $28.50.. but I'll send the entire $30 to the camp.

Sound good? I hope so!

Thanks a lot.

Rachael

This is the humble dining area where Sarah (our daughter) spends her summers these years working.

Games. They are more interesting to see than "lectures."

Camp game in the gymnasium. You can see the theme of the ANCHOR with the camp verse on the wall up high on the gym wall.

dgleeson

Re: MARCH MANIA.... read and ENJOY the Madness of it all
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 05:58:05 AM »
paypal@thecouponclippers.com and I'll see that it gets to the camp for Andy's MARCH MANIA MADNESS.

Every penny of this money will go straight to the camp. In other words, even if you send paypal, I'll personally eat the paypal fees that we encounter (and believe me, there are plenty of those), and send the entire sum on to the camp. For instance, if you send $30, I actually only receive like $28.50.. but I'll send the entire $30 to the camp.

This is something the new RevolutionMoneyExchange site I just posted about viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2545 is nice for.  Donations etc. without worrying about paypal taking their fees from every one.

Rachael

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 08:40:18 AM »
The problem is, then it's one more spot for me to check and to take care of.

Currently I have paypal linked in with the needed accounts. It's not so hard to take the money, but then what do you do with it? I have my business bank accounts and it's not "so easy" to get everything all hooked up. It takes a lot of time, seemingly, to set one of these up and I'd prefer to just stick with the 3 methods of payment that I currently have: paypal, credit cards and checks in the  mail.

Thanks, though, for presenting a good competitor. I don't mind.

Rachael

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 09:07:15 AM »
I also decided to put up a MARCH MANIA spot on the site, so you can just donate through that, like we did the POLISH ORPHANS.

Right now it's under ADD TO MY ACCOUNT OR MARCH MANIA. Later on today, after the site slows down a bit, I'll upload its own spot.

--Rachael

AndrewNW

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 09:42:45 PM »
Hey,   I'm "thee" Andy...

Thank you for those that have supported me/the camp up to this point.

I'm doing ok with the running, after today, March 6th, I have logged 6 miles of running(till-I-have-to-walk-then-run-somemore)

Would you be willing to sponsor me? If you can't give $20, remember that any gift is greatly appreciated.

I thought about suggesting to Mom that she could bring up the idea of donating the amount of money you save on your next shopping trip, because of coupons you got from TCC...... Now we're talking big money!!    :lol: