Author Topic: Well, I finally got away on vacation!  (Read 7285 times)

Rachael

• Administrator
Well, I finally got away on vacation!
« on: July 12, 2007, 01:10:34 PM »
Sarah and I took off for parts unknown on Thursday afternoon. Actually, we knew where we are going.. we're heading to Warsaw, Poland, to see just how much culture and fun we can experience! As the internet gets easier to get around, the world gets to be a smaller and smaller place! I'll write as I get a chance from all over the globe!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Rachael »

Rachael

• Administrator
UPDATE!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 12:57:47 PM »
Well, it's Wednesday, July 25, and already evening here in Warsaw, Poland. I figure if I'm going to get anything written that I should get busy and get it up on the site. So, here goes. I'll attempt to get something done and some pictures up before we get back home tomorrow. This might take a while. I'll do my best to do a decent, if not altogether thorough job of explaining where we went on vacation in 2007.

Rachael

• Administrator
FRIDAY, JULY 13, 2007
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 01:20:46 PM »
FRIDAY, JULY 13, 2007

Well, we landed without any problems on Friday, July 13th, around 2 in the afternoon here in Warsaw, Poland. We were tired, but excited.  I was traveling with my daughter, Sarah, who had returned home to Florida from her summer where she was working at a Christian camp as "OP STAFF", to accompany me, so I wouldn't be making this trip alone.

We landed and delivered our three suitcases of "gifts" to my sister's family and everyone enjoyed looking at all the stuff that we had gathered for them there in the States.

It was good to be back on land again after being in the air and/or airports for  over a day.

SATURDAY, July 14, 2007

Sarah and I, along with my sister, Becky, and her two daughters, Abby, 15, and Lydia, 12, headed to Hurghada, Egypt, to be treated to an excursion that we'll never forget on the beaches of the Red Sea.

Around here, (our ever bargain seeking roots won't let us do it any other way), the last minute trip deals don't leave until late at night and land in the middle of the morning into Egypt. So, we joined 200 other Polish people leaving from Warsaw, boarded a charter flight straight to Hurghada and landed at 2 in the morning.

WHAT A CULTURE SHOCK THAT WAS!

Most of the time, when you land at a place at 2 in the morning, you're greeted with relative QUIET and slower way of life, as most people seem to be sleeping. However, that was not the case when we landed in Egypt. We were convinced that we had walked in on some kind of odd day, because at 2:15 a.m., the dock was teeming with Egyptian men, just standing around. I thought, "Surely, there must be some reason for all this activity today." However, when we asked our Polish/Egyptian liason, she assured us that this was VERY normal, as Mecca was only a straight 220 km away across the Red Sea.

"It's too hot around here during the day to do things, so they take it easy during the day and do them during the night" was Eli's response. Well, that was a bit odd to me, since we were on a different schedule, and even in Florida, where it sometimes reaches unbearably hot temperatures, most of us tend to manage during the day and we sleep  (or try) to sleep at night.

We later found out that there seems to be around the clock shifts of people, so that activities take place day and night around Egypt.

SUNDAY, JULY 15, 2007

Well, we got up, and we had already hunted everywhere for a church to attempt (via the internet) and after ascertaining that there were no Protestant churches of any type or variety in Hurghada, we gave up on that thought, (the only non-Islamic church--Coptic--had started their service shortly after we had arrives at our hotel) and met with our liason, to plan our outings and days there in Egypt.

So, after meeting with her, and talking about our trips, we ventured down by the Red Sea to see what we could see.

We wandered out, sat on the benches by the sea, let the breeze blow in our faces, stared at the water and of course, I had to wade in the Red Sea. I wasn't going to let the Mediterranean or the Dead Sea be the only Biblical waters that I'd just read about! So, I slipped off my shoes and let the others take some pictures of me. I was expecting really ugly, dirty waters. However, were pleasantly surprised with beautifully blue waters of the Red Sea. (The reason for the term Red Sea is because they said that sometimes the Red Sea Mountain Range,which is all sand and fossilized sand, cast a red shadow on the water.)

Here Lydia, 12, and I were willing to stand in the Red Sea.

The Red Sea from a distance.

Becky and I sitting by the Red Sea, at the outdoors restaurant. It was breezy and just a gorgeous place to sit and relax.

You can see the water off in the background.

Then we ventured on into town to see what the city of Hurghada, Egypt was all about. We had learned that it was a big hit with Divers. However, we didn't know what to expect. We were not expecting the shock of our lives by just climbing into our taxi.

They turned 4 lane roads into 3 going one direction and 1 going the other and just pushed each other all over the road, depending on who needed to go where. Lines were merely suggestions, most of the time to be completely ignored. Headlights on vehicles were optional, with most of the time, the option being "off" as a "consideration to the oncoming drivers, so we won't blind them" (they offered as a very weak explanation to me when I inquired as to why we didn't have our headlights one.)

We found an internet cafe for the equivalent of about $.88 an hour and I logged in to see what was happening with you all here. We found ONE store that actually had posted prices and eventually landed back in the hotel after checking out a travel agency, and meeting up with all kinds of cultural experiences.

I discovered that I needed "potty money" (small bills) to pay to go to the bathroom and when I had changed money, they had only given me "big bucks", so we ventured into the McDonald's there in Hurghada and we did the American thing and bought a McFlurry, to discover the difference between an Egyptian McFlurry and an American one. Mainly, however, it was to get change! (So we like to say, anyway)

Our cultural and educational experiences were just beginning. I was incredibly thankful that I wasn't "going this" alone.

We met again with our tour director at 10 that night, finalized our next 5 days' worth of adventures and then headed to bed for our only completely "normal" night of rest that we were to have the entire time in Egypt.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 11:22:54 PM by Rachael »

Rachael

• Administrator
More of our trip
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 01:49:26 PM »
Monday, July 16, 2007

Here we are at the Red Sea, sitting on the bench, enjoying the beautiful view, the breeze and trying to absorb the fact that we were truly in EGYPT staring at the Red Sea, possibly where the children of Israel crossed over many years ago. (Probably not, but possibly).

Monday morning we figured we'd better go paddle boating on the Red Sea, if we were going to get that in. So, we did.

Sarah Sitting right beside the Red Sea.

After lunch we headed out for our first REALLY touristy type of adventure. We had signed up for what the Egyptians call a JEEP SAFARI. It was amazing. My kids would have been proud to see MOM riding a 4 wheeler. It was hilarious. We got out into the desert, not really having any idea at all what was going to happen, to be greeted with, "Where's your head scarf?" Of course, we hadn't known, so we got socked with having to buy one right then and there. However, we couldn't have survived without one. They took my daughter off to the front of the pack and made her ride in the second 4 wheeler from the front. I was stuck right near the back of the pack with one and I had NO IDEA whatsoever what to do with this beast! However, I dutifully climbed on, camera strung around my neck and attemptd to look like I knew what I was doing. There were about 60 of us all on 4 wheelers. I figured I wasn't the only one who hadn't ever driven one of these things before. I managed to kill my machine at least 2 times, but I got some great pictures, too. Sarah, with the camera, was too close to the lead, to be able to lag behind and get some great shots. So, I was glad I was in the back.

Then, we climbed back into our jeep and headed out to see some of the beautiful Red Sea Mountains. We climbed up on rocks, took picture after picture and then eventually headed another 30 minutes back into the desert to find a Bedouin Camp.

Here's our jeep. It was NOT air conditioned.

Everywhere we turned, we saw the Egyptian "look" all over places. They take great pride in their heritage.

Lydia at another hotel, while we waited for more people to join us on our jeep safari. This type of decorations outside was very typical.

Abby (in blue) and Sarah were prepared for the ride on the 4 wheeler.

Becky and Lydia on the back of a 4 wheeler in front of me.

A crazy camera man climbed all over the roof taking pictures and videos.

Becky, Lydia, Sarah and Abby in the desert. We stopped to take pictures before venturing into our Bedouin desert.

A bedouin camp. Ladies and gentlemen, these people VOLUNTARILY live in these huts in the intense desert heat in Egypt.

Sarah's taking a camel ride here.

Even the kids at the Bedouin camps get into the touristy thing by helping us eager tourists to ride camels. This kid doesn't look older than about 8, but he had control of his camel.

A bedouin woman making a tortilla there over an open flame. They really live like this.

Here's a 10 year old Bedouin girl making beautiful weavings from camel's hair.

That was an experience I'll never forget. The desert was HOT, HOT, HOT. The sun was unrelenting and the clouds were non-existent. The Bedouins are native Egyptians (?) who live in the desert on virtually nothing. They find a water source, and then live off ??? (We're still guessing at that one)... At the Bedouin Camp, we got to ride camels, eat a meal catered by our jeep drivers and eventually ride back into town after seeing the first few stars come out. We got to see the sun set over the Red Sea Mountains as well.

It was a very long, VERY hot day for us. But, after taking a wonderfully long, steamy shower, we felt revived and like we'd live again. I think I sweated about 10 buckets that day.

(We've also come to realize that Egyptian men don't know the meaning of the word deodorant, or else there is no deodorant that can tackle the job of an Egyptian desert and the task it is asked to perform on a native in 100 degree weather.)

We had to go to bed relatively early as we were slated to go to Luxor on Tuesday, and our bus was to leave at 4:45 a.m.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

We got back to our hotel on Monday night to be greeted with a message from our tour liaison stating, "Bus will come at 5:45, NOT 4:45... Boy, were we thrilled.

Tuesday morning, we headed out of our 5 star Hotel with our purple hats on and quickly became known as the "Americans with the purple hats!" We had taken sunscreen and were THRILLED to find that we had a PRIVATE van waiting to take us the 4 hour trip south to Luxor. We had insisted on an ENGLISH guide on this trip and not a Polish guide.. (Remember, we had traveled with a Polish group, so it was imperative that we insisted on English guides, or we'd not understand what was happening at these historic sites.

We later found out that Eyptians LOVE Americans and Bush. Every morning we were greeted with, "How's Bush?" We quickly caught on and said, "We'll tell him you said, 'Hi."

They also loved us because we spoke English and found that everyone in Egypt tries to learn English, at least a little bit. So, though we came with a Polish group, I didn't know anything other than THANK YOU and Have a good day in Polish, we could communicate well enough with all the people in the hotel, which was far better than most of the Polish people here.

(There are about 70 hotels here in Hurghada and we seemed to be the only Americans out of the 500 rooms here in this hotel. We really did stick out like a sore thumb, but it was a good "stick out." It really didn't take most of the staff long to know us...) We had fun with them and vice versa..

Well, we got into our private VAN and joined a CONVOY heading south to Luxor. We met Ahmed, our English speaking tour guide. We then attempted to rest for a while before landing in Luxor around 10:45 or 11 a.m.

When our Convoy stopped to stretch, we were greeted with Bedouins with camels. EVERYWHERE people wanted you to spend outrageous sums of money for stuff. Just to take their pictures, these kids wanted you to pay them money.

This has got to be one of the ugliest beasts that the Lord has ever created!

I never could figure out what our driver was trying to do. We were stuck in a Convoy, not allowed to go any faster than the front car, which was a police car. We could NOT pass it, and yet, he and the other bus drivers (about 100 of us) were all trying to vie for first. I felt like we were in a NASCAR race, only we weren't allowed to go any faster than the PACE car. It didn't make any sense to me. I didn't understand why we didn't just get in our spots and stay there, instead of continually jockeying for spots on the road. These drivers, all driving huge tour busses and vans were about to drive me insane. I quit watching, finally.

This is the NILE river and you can see the greenery right around it. In the background you can see a mountain range faintly in the background. THat's all desert.

The poverty along the Nile was absolutely amazing. We saw TONS of donkey carts hauling away the crops. We saw some older tractors. We saw NO new tractors.

This is the only place we saw anything this pretty in all of Egypt.

Our first stop was the Temple at Karnak, a HUGE tourist attraction there in Luxor. The dates of this thing were something like 2000 B.C. It was so old that it was hard to imagine. I was struggling to understand just how old of pieces of rock that I was seeing.

Some Sphinxes.

This was a pretty impressive and VERY old place. Not being from Egypt, and not knowing a ton about Egyptology, I hadn't read up too much on this ancient Temple, but it was a HUGE tourist spot and we were just a few of thousands of tourists there that VERY hot day.

Even at the restaurant, they created bread creations in the shape of crocodiles.

We ate at a restaurant and overlooked the Nile while we ate some Egyptian food. Then, we headed over the Nile on a short boat ride, were accosted by a bunch of kids who helped us off the boat, we thought to be helpful, but later to find out that they expected us to PAY them to be helpful.... (I hit my head and told them that they weren't much help, so why should I pay them, since I hit my head with their help!)

Here we are, enjoying the ride! (Before I hit my head!)

We then headed over to the Valley of the Kings where all the tombs are including the empty tomb of King Tut. We went into 3 tombs. They were magnficently engraved and we looked, examined and were amazed that the Ancient Egyptian Kings spent so much of their lives preparing for their deaths, yet to no avail.

Then, we headed over to the magnificent Temple of Hatshepsut. it has been partially restored and was beautifully done. We got a bit of a behind-the-scenes tour from a very bored Egyptian keeper there, since we were the only tourists there (as opposed to Karnak, where there were literally thousands of us, bumping into each other all over the place.).

Here the guard isn't too busy. When we got to the temple, we were the only ones there. Later on a tour bus came. LOTS of Egyptian police are hired to be tourist police.

Then, we cooled off a bit in a souvenir shop, braved the row of little tourist traps on the way back to the bus and managed to get into an alabaster shop.

Here they showed us how they made their pots by hand.

I found a magnficent clock for my house. IF I get it back to Florida unscathed, I'll take a picture of it and put it up here. If I do, I'll be totally amazed. Then, we headed back on our 3 or 4 hour trek back to our hotel, in our private van. We felt VERY special as this tour was NOT supposed to be our own private tour.

Here we are, with our own VIP transportation! We thought we'd be on a bus with lots of others, but were thrilled to find us with our own private place since we had "hired" an English guide and group with our fee.

There were about 50 to 70 vehicles in our convoy, but we had our own driver and our own guide. It was great.

We just drove past several places that were impressive, with our tour guide explaining things to us. This was a Winter Palace.

Here are two HUGE statues. I've already forgotten what that was all about, but they are very famous in Luxor.

Here the sheep are just running through the middle of a street in Luxor, right opposite these huge statues.

We got in right about 10:30 and headed over to the Italian restaurant in our hotel to get our own pizzas made before they closed. That restaurant made pizzas to order and Lydia was living on french fries and pizza. I was enjoying trying a bit of everything that looked edible, as I'm a fairly adventurous eater.

Before I go any farther, let me explain that we got a package that included  1) our plane fare, 2) all tips, 3) ALL food and beverages of any types that were included, both in our rooms in our private bars and in any bar throughout the hotel as well as either of the 2 restaurants on the hotel site and 4) our transportation back and forth to the airport. The kicker is that since we flew in from Poland, instead of England, that the trip cost about 1/2 of what it would have cost a Brit.

The extra trips that we took we had to pay extra for.

--------------------------------------

AT THE HOTEL:

Gotta love this internet cafe. However, we did NOT. This was at our hotel. I refused to pay 10 bucks an hour to use these 4 OUTDOOR computers to contact home. Not when it was $ .90 per hour in town, away from the intense heat of the sun.

At our hotel, this young man was selling spices. He wanted me to take his picture and put it on the internet. His uncle lives in Miami and he wants to come and visit him. However, Single Egyptian men cannot obtain visas to come to the good ole USA? Why? Because they'll not leave!

Lydia is swimming in the pool at the hotel. It was a gorgeous setup.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 11:26:30 PM by Rachael »

Rachael

• Administrator
More update
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 03:45:03 PM »
WEDNESDAY, July 18, 2007

Today we headed up towards Cairo and went to the Monasteries of St. Paul and St. Anthony.

We were hunting for some ties to the Bible as we know it. However, the closest that we could find were a group called Coptic Christians. About 80% of Egypt is comprised of Muslims. The other 20% are what they call Christians. This is a version of beliefs that are a bit different from anything that we've ever known. Going to see the monasteries was a trip that was amazingly interesting, seeing as how it was just a bunch of rocks, dirt and sand.

1:45 a.m. came VERY early, after a late night out eating pizza. In fact, Sarah hadn't even tried to go to sleep. She was reading and just got cleaned up and stayed awake for the 2 hours that I attempted to sleep. So, 1:45 wasn't any big deal for her, but for me, it was a hard time to get up. (Did I tell you that they liked to do things during the relative cool of the night).

We joined the Convoy ( a really long story not worthy of explaining) and then we all tried to fall asleep. This time we had our same English speaking guide and 2 drivers.

After about 3 hours of driving, we turned off from the Convoy, let them head on into Cairo and we headed  out to the Monasteries, which were relatively close to each other.

It was amazing to me to learn that they are occasionally still under siege from the Bedouins as they try to steal from the monks who are still there studying and working.

We had a private meeting with this Coptic Priest when we first got there. After telling him all of our names: Abby, Lydia, Sarah, Rebecca and Rachael, he guessed it: that we were Christians. He didn't even HAVE to ask, but he did!

Here's Sarah and me with this very old, and very nice priest.

They do have a completely closed in place where they work.

It seems to be quite secure. We got back fairly early as though we were eager to see the place, since we had our own private guide, our own private van and our own drivers, we had no need to wait around for a bus load of people, or for any kind of convoy to go back, as we had the previous day from Luxor..

We got in around 5:30, exhausted. Lydia had time for a swim in the gorgeous swimming pool and I took some time to nap, just so I could survive the rest of the day... we were heading to supper and then preparing for another 1:45 a.m. morning as these Convoys only left at 3 a.m. to head to Cairo!

THURSDAY, JULY 19, 2007

Today was Sarah's 18th birthday. What a day.

1:45 a.m. was incredibly early, but because we made it to bed by 10 p.m. this time, the night was considerably longer than before. We thought we were going to have our own private guide again, but were picked up by a HUGE tour bus with a guide who spoke SOME English. "Oh well," we had thought, "all of this good communication surely couldn't have continued."

So, we tried to nap in our huge bus, along with about 20 other Poles all heading to Cairo.

We got into Cairo around 8:45 a.m. this time and headed straight for the Egyptian Museum. It was VERY hot in there, but well worth the shoving, the heat, the crowds and the lines. We stood there, totally amazed that we were looking at things that were VERY old. I mean VERY old. We had joined up with our very own private English speaking guide in Cairo right outside the Museum, so we were able to get explanations on the place all in English, and afterwards hopped aboard our own private van. Boy, were we glad we insisted on English.... Gotta love those cell phones, too, as these tour guides are wonderful at arranging all such things right on the bus!

After the Egyptian Museum, we found a place to eat in an air conditioned restaurant this time, instead of overlooking the Nile.... and then headed out to GIZA to look at the Pyramids. We took tons of pictures. Then, we let the girls climb down into the two open pyramids (that were free), and they took pictures down there. We could have the equivalent of about $10 to climb down into one of the pyramids, but we had seen it on The Amazing Race, and didn't remember seeing much down there, so we just opted for the free ones.

After being accosted by tons of kids who thought I was "Miss money bags", since I had a waist purse and a camera around my neck, we FINALLY fought our way back to the van, only buying a very few souvenirs from all the kids, who kept coming down and down and down in their prices!

Then we headed over to the Sphinx, who "guards" the Pyramids. They wanted to take us to some kind of perfume factory and hard sell us there, but we opted for a soft sell jewelry place, and went to that instead. We had fun shopping all over Egypt, since the Egyptian pound was only about $.18 American money. It was less than 2 dimes for each pound. Most places don't advertise their prices, so you have to fight and bicker with them about what you'll pay, but we didn't want to do that, so we found places with relatively set prices that we'd pay and worked that way. They didn't like it when I'd just walk away because their prices were too high. I told the guys who had affordable prices from the outset that I appreciated them and went from there.

For instance, one guy asked 160 Egyptian pounds for the same thing that I could have had for FIVE Egyptian pounds at the Pyramids. EXACT same thing. I about croaked when he told me 160. I refused to even deal with him when he told me that. To offer him even 10 or 5, which is about what I thought it was worth, would, to me, be an insult offer, so I just didn't deal with them. I think that most of the flea market dealers need to come to America and take a few lessons from our American merchants on how to read a customer.

We finally climbed aboard our bus, said goodbye to our private guide who jumped off the bus somewhere on the outskirts and he walked the rest of the way home (I suppose, as he showed us where he lived), and merged ourselves back into our Polish group. We got back home around 11:45 p.m., totally exhausted and were greeted with a birthday cake for Sarah. We had mentioned that her birthday was that day several times, but never had the time to stop and sing. So, I snapped a couple of pictures, stuck our cake in our refrigerator in our room and collapsed into bed.

However, the next morning was Friday morning and we did not have any where scheduled to be, so we did NOT. We slept in and just allowed ourselves to get a little bit caught up on our rest.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 11:42:30 PM by Rachael »

Rachael

• Administrator
More
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 03:55:57 PM »
Friday, July 20, 2007

SHOP TIL YOU DROP!

We had changed a bit too much money and since Egyptian pounds are pretty much worthless anywhere else in the world, we decided that we should just spend them. However, I wasn't feeling too perky at that point, so I handed my remaining 120 pounds to my daughter and nieces and told them to go spend it, at the shops. Now, keep in mind that all these young men think that these 15 and 18 year olds are "prime real estate", so Becky accompanied them while they were shopping at our own private "hotel shops."

We had lunch and eventually were picked up by the bus, and got back to Poland around 8 p.m. We were back here in time for a full night's sleep.

Unfortunately, I came down very, very ill that night, and was unable to get warm the entire night back here. Finally, around 8 a.m. the next morning, my niece came down to check on me, found me more covers and I finally drifted off to sleep around 8:30 a.m.

By about noon, I figured I'd live, and managed to come out of the room where I was sleeping. Consequently, I just bummed around here most of the day. I don't recall what I did the rest of the day. Slept, dozed, read... I was incredibly thankful that I was here.

SUNDAY, JULY 22, 2007

We had planned a very special day here at the church in Otwock. My sis had invited several English speaking Poles to church and then afterwards over to their house for a dinner of homemade pizza and cake and fruit salad, to speak to Sarah and me. It was a GREAT TIME.

I woke up Sunday morning with NO fever, for which I was thankful and feeling much better. So, we made it through the morning service with no problem. We came home and all of us ladies helped Becky fix the pizza, and everyone ate and ate and ate. We had 21 for dinner. Everyone but one spoke some kind of English and it was my job to run around and try to talk to everyone. Thankfully, I enjoyed that job and it was interesting trying to carry on conversations with people who had varying degrees of abilities in English. However, all seemed easy, after our time in Egypt.

Finally, we ran everyone home or out of the house by 3:30 and then headed to our other service in another nearby town for a 4 p.m. service. RAIN, lovely RAIN came down very hard on our way. Instead of griping about it, all of us who had been in Egypt just looked and looked at it and said, "My, isn't this lovely?"

(The last time it rained in Hurghada, Egypt was Jan. 9, 2003. The time before that was sometime in 1997.)

We had a good service at 4, letting their 12 year old, Lydia, interpret for both Sarah and me, as we hadn't understood a word of the morning service, since Mike preaches entirely in Polish.

It was a great day! Exhausting but great!

Rachael

• Administrator
MORE VACATION
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 04:04:24 PM »
Ok, I'm about out of time here, so I'm going to condense this incredibly..

POLAND...

MONDAY, JULY 23, 2007

OLD TOWN, WARSAW, POLAND.

We wandered around the downtown Warsaw area. We saw a museum that had a ton of memorabilia about the bombing of Warsaw in 1944. We saw monuments and 3 Catholic churches  including the one with Chopin's heart in it. We saw shops, t-shirts, hats, souvenirs and street musicians. We ate at Pizza Hut and then came back home.

TUESDAY, JULY 24, 2007

We went to Malbork Castle in Northern Poland. It was a hugely long drive, but we ended up getting there with perfect timing as the English tour began 10 minutes after we got our tickets to get in to see the largest Brick Castle in Europe. It was interesting and we saw more brick and more castle than I've seen since we went to England in 2004. I'd never seen a castle with a church in it before.

WEDNESDAY, JULY 25, 2007[/size]

Today we went to Chopin's birth place and gardens. It was beautiful. Then, instead of going to the military museum here in Warsaw, I asked if we could go and see some big stores, like Target or Super Walmart. It was interesting to see just how differently they do their shopping in the different countries.

We came home after eating at McDonald's.. (I know..I know.. but even doing this in a different country and different culture is not so easy) and enjoyed the rest of the evening, slaving over our computers! (doing this) and packing up.

So, now I come home on Thursday and my tale is done! All my vacation for another year. What an exciting one it was. My only regret is that Ken couldn't have been here to enjoy it with me. However, had it not been us ladies, it would have taken on an entirely different twist... so, we'll make that trip a different time and do something completely different!

Thanks for sharing this with me.