Author Topic: Canoeing was a relaxing event for our kids!  (Read 8626 times)

Rachael

• Administrator
Canoeing was a relaxing event for our kids!
« on: March 14, 2007, 07:48:27 AM »
SATURDAY MORNING, MARCH 10, 2007 -- SAN ANTONIO, FLORIDA on Clear Lake

Isn't this just neat? When we got to the pier two young boys were fishing already. I thought, "Norman Rockwell" and your classic Saturday morning activity!

Matthew and Steven handle this canoe with ease! This is easy, MOM! And to think that I was worried!

Here Sarah is officially "in charge" of her canoe. Jesse, at the back,  didn't look too thrilled about that! This is our canoe, but it's the first time anyone from our immediate family has ever sat in it since I've been married to Ken! (It was his dads and we inherited it!)

So peaceful! The Saint Leo Abbey is in the background.

The three canoes never did hit each other and no one went under. It helped that we were warned about hungry alligators, so we had "extra careful" kids.

Headin' across the "pond". They were actually at Clear Lake in San Antonio, Florida.

Here they were trying an experiment with the three canoes all tied together. They did NOT tip.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Rachael »

TimothyPetersen

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 06:10:19 PM »
Nice, it looks like fun. But there are three people missing: Andy, Cara, and Peter. Why weren't they there? Cara I can understand with her Hydrophobia, but what were Andy and Pete doing?
Anyway, it looks very enjoyable.
I've always thought that canoing / row boating looked fun but, alas. I haven't ever gone, I've been on a paddle boat though. But it's just not the same. *sigh* oh well. :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by TimothyPetersen »

Rachael

• Administrator
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 04:43:03 PM »
They said that they thought the idea wasn't "such a great one"  and to avoid the "I don't want to be there" idea, it was planned for the younger crowd. Sarah indicated an interest, so she was invited along since she's about to be "outta here."

The older teens don't always enjoy the same things that the younger ones enjoy and for some reason they don't want the younger kids around a lot of the time. So, for this reason and this reason alone, it was planned to be exclusively as a King's Kid's Activity instead of a Teen Activity when we included the kids.

--Aunt Rachael

TimothyPetersen

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 01:49:47 AM »
Ok. But I would have enjoyed it. I guess I'm just different.  :)

Rachael

• Administrator
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 07:21:26 AM »
Any time you can get out on a peaceful lake like that, it's wonderful. However, it worked out well, because we had the perfect number of people and didn't have to take turns in the canoes. Two of us just stayed on shore so that we didn't have to take turns.

TimothyPetersen

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 01:49:02 AM »
Ok, well that's good then.

AndrewNW

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 08:02:14 PM »
From my point of view,    The reason us teens didnt come was cause it was planned as a "kids only" activity.   Sarah had said she wanted to go, before the whole thing got planned, so they made an exception for her.

And thats about it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by AndrewNW »

AndrewNW

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 11:33:12 PM »
Also, add in the fact that I had a baseball game to play in, and Cara promised to go yardsaling, and you have legitimate reasons for not going....

My game was right when it was supposed to end, and... well... you know yard sales!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by AndrewNW »

honey

Re: Canoeing was a relaxing event for our kids!
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 02:21:21 AM »
I'm glad you are glad.  We are here and I'll be updating this soon.  I arranged for 4 parties Tuesday and want to do one more tomorrow.

jutoman

$1000 VISA gift cards
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 07:58:17 AM »
Yesterday I came across this site where they are giving away $1000 VISA gift cards.You can use these cards at any major online or offline retailer.
To get your free $1000 gift card,just go HERE[insert your affiliate link in the hyperlink format] and follow the instructions.You’ll be able to get your gift card immediately.I got mine yesterday.
This offer is expiring soon so take advantage of it right away.
How To Insert Your Affiliate Links:
This is very important.You should never post naked affiliate links as this will invite a prompt deletion of your posts.
Instead use the hyperlinking feature.Here is how to create a hyperlink:
Just highlight the word (left click and move your cursor over the word) where you want to insert your affiliate link
Now click on the “link” button:
A pop-up will appear.Insert your affiliate link in the box as shown below:
Enter http://trkur.com/trk?o=5752&p=14404 …click ok and youre done; ) :) ;)

johnandrewcfl

• I am a blogger and a student. I love to read and t
Re: $1000 VISA gift cards
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 01:06:25 PM »
Yesterday I came across this site where they are giving away $1000 VISA gift cards.You can use these cards at any major online or offline retailer.
To get your free $1000 gift card,just go HERE[insert your affiliate link in the hyperlink format] and follow the instructions.You’ll be able to get your gift card immediately.I got mine yesterday.
This offer is expiring soon so take advantage of it right away.
How To Insert Your Affiliate Links:
This is very important.You should never post naked affiliate links as this will invite a prompt deletion of your posts.
Instead use the hyperlinking feature.Here is how to create a hyperlink:
Just highlight the word (left click and move your cursor over the word) where you want to insert your affiliate link
Now click on the “link” button:
A pop-up will appear.Insert your affiliate link in the box as shown below:
Enter http://trkur.com/trk?o=5752&p=14404 …click ok and youre done; ) :) ;)

great offer, just completed it