Author Topic: It's Christmas time for the Polish orphans again  (Read 7752 times)

Rachael

• Administrator
It's Christmas time for the Polish orphans again
« on: November 03, 2006, 12:53:06 AM »
I'm going to start in on our campaign for the Polish orphans again.

Here's some pictures from Christmas 2005. It's hard to believe that it's that time of the year again.

Here's some of the kids getting presents at Children's Home #7 in Jozefow, Poland. I got to visit there and they had asked me NOT to take pictures when visiting over a year ago. They gladly let Becky take pictures!

Below are some pictures at their church building. This is the building that my husband, Ken, went to help renovate and repair a year ago in October.

These girls are from the Girls' Juvenile Detention Center. Even though they are all from dysfunctional homes, they all liked the stuffed animals!

The following pictures are from the Children's home in Otwock, which is a small town right near Warsaw, Poland, and near their headquarters.

These are from the children's home parties at a children's home in Otwock.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Rachael »

TimothyPetersen

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 04:08:59 PM »
Hi, just thought that I'd post in here, to show that people do read this part of the forum. Anyway, yes, it is hard to believe that it is Christmas time again, it seems like only a year ago that the Christmas season was here,  :roll:

Well anyway, we have been wrapping shoe boxes already, and Mom is getting a lot set up already, because our first program, on December 13th, just over a month away.

Oh, and if you don't know who I am.(which you probably don't) I am Becky's son. So, I'm Rachael's nephew.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by TimothyPetersen »

AndrewNW

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 10:17:37 PM »
i dont think PL likes to let their orphans go... but i could be wrong
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by AndrewNW »

Rachael

• Administrator
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 10:26:38 PM »
Maybe I'll get Jeremiah to come and answer this one. Since he is from there and his parents are the ones "doing this project," maybe he knows more about it. (Rachael, Jeremiah's aunt).... (Jeremiah is here home from college for THanksgiving!)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Rachael »

TimothyPetersen

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 06:14:48 AM »
Poland does allow, their orphans to be adapted.
But, there are a few main reason that no one is adopting them:
1. People generally adopt babies, adopting children is not so common and adopting young teens, is almost unheard of.
2. Actually most of these kids are not orphans, they are in children's homes because their family is dysfunctional, and weren't being taken care of, from lack of money usually.

So, people are much more willing to adopt, babies than they are a child. And most of these aren't real orphans, their families are either too poor, or don't want them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by TimothyPetersen »