Author Topic: Who else agrees?????????  (Read 20402 times)

Karen1974

Who else agrees?????????
« on: September 21, 2006, 10:00:20 AM »
Is it just me or does it drive anyone else nuts when people post "Free" things with links to these sites that want a blue million questions answered or you must sign up for one at least one program?

To me this is not free, this is time consuming.  FREE is when you only have to give your info and either get a printable coupon or something in the mail.  Filling out long questionaires is WORK.  

Now again this is my opinion only.  Please do not send me hate mail if you are someone doing these links.  Remember this is my opinion.  I know what these links look like and I don't even bother going to them.  If you would like to post your opinions that would be wonderful.  It's always fun to get a good hearted debate going!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Karen1974 »

Karen1974

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 03:18:53 PM »
Thanks for the opinion.  I figured my first response would be someone chewing on me for speaking out.  I just went to Walmart and cleaned house.  I forgot albout them doingthat.  Thanks for reminding me.  At least we know know when we see each others name, it's a true freebie.  Do you have Miejers or Krogers in your area?  We ccould help each other watch for stuff?

christina

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 10:19:07 AM »
I AGREE...THE WHOLE POINT IN CLICKING ON THE ''FREE''BUTTON IS TO SAVE YOU TIME AND MONEY FOR THINGS YOU USE OR WANT TO TRY.IT IS A HUGE WASTE OF TIME TO FILL OUT YOUR INFO ONLY TO HIT''SEND MY FREE SAMPLE'' BUTTON AND IT STILL WANTS MORE.AHHH!!! DRIVES ME CRAZY....... :shock:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by christina »

Abbi

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 04:47:02 PM »
Yes, I have both a Kroger and Meijer in my area (and have posted some of the good deals when I see them)...but I've noticed they do vary their sales by region (Heck, Meijer just quit doubling up to .99 here and I've heard they don't double AT ALL in other areas!!).  Feel free to PM (private message) me if you have a list of things you regularly look for.  

Right now, I'm having fun at Meijers with their 100 bonus boxtops deal WYB 15 of the participating products.
And pizza rolls, Suave shampoo and Suave deoderant free at Kroger with Rachael's coupons.   :)

I've heard we're to get wyeth coupons (Advil, Robitussin, Dimetap, chapstick, etc) coupons this week and there will be another $9 rebate starting 9/24 date...grrrr.  Check your Meijer...mine had ALOT of Robitussin cough drops, Advil Sinus, etc on clearance at 75% off!!!  There is a limit of 1 chapstick and 1 cough drop for the rebate...and what I bought last night won't work due to the date....but you might want to check.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Abbi »

AndrewNW

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 10:46:52 PM »
I agree completely and I'm going to delete a bunch of them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by AndrewNW »

Re: Who else agrees?????????
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 02:35:17 AM »
Quote from: "Karen1974"
Is it just me or does it drive anyone else nuts when people post "Free" things with links to these sites that want a blue million questions answered or you must sign up for one at least one program?

To me this is not free, this is time consuming.  FREE is when you only have to give your info and either get a printable coupon or something in the mail.  Filling out long questionaires is WORK.  

Now again this is my opinion only.  Please do not send me hate mail if you are someone doing these links.  Remember this is my opinion.  I know what these links look like and I don't even bother going to them.  If you would like to post your opinions that would be wonderful.  It's always fun to get a good hearted debate going!

do those questions ever end? I go to those links not knowing it is them and they keep asking and asking i just give up

Jamie

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 02:36:35 AM »
Quote from: "Karen1974"
Thanks for the opinion.  I figured my first response would be someone chewing on me for speaking out.  I just went to Walmart and cleaned house.  I forgot albout them doingthat.  Thanks for reminding me.  At least we know know when we see each others name, it's a true freebie.  Do you have Miejers or Krogers in your area?  We ccould help each other watch for stuff?

I am not fond of the free walkmart thing. Someone sent i think free diapers from Walmart went there and never fond any or wet swiffer...

Jamie

dyoung

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 02:44:13 PM »
Walmart's free samples are few and far in between.  I think Walmart should list a small free sample on their website of every NEW item they get in their store (non-perishable items).  They are already doing away with layaways what more could it hurt.  I'm sure everyone has heard about that by now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by dyoung »

Karen1974

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 04:07:35 PM »
Sure did.  It is putting a huge damper on my X'mas plans.  the only place I have left is Meijers and K Mart.  And our K Mar only gives you three weeks.  Not much help when it comes to X'mas.

dyoung

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 09:29:02 AM »
And the closest Kmart for us is 20 minutes down the road from Baton Rouge.  It didn't know they still did layaways anymore.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by dyoung »

Karen1974

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 11:16:06 AM »
Are very, very old one in town does.

We lived in Houma for about a year.   I really miss the food!!!!!!!!!

SarahWoodard

(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 05:02:40 PM »
Is that better? I spent quite a bit of time getting rid of those *free+LINK* posts. I'll try to keep on top of them from now on...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by SarahWoodard »

Karen1974

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 09:17:27 AM »
It's the most wonderful thing I've seen!!!!!!!!  It makes it so much easier to read now.

Karen1974

(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 08:07:00 AM »
On September 21 when Abbi posted the Walmart freebies I went out and signed up for them.  I got three of them yesterday (Oct 7).  Not too bad of a turn around.  I'm sure your wondering why I posting but the Dove sample is just so darn cute everyone should go out and send for one.  I assumed it would be the little package you squeeze about 1 times worth out of.  OH NO it is the cutuest little three ounce bottle that looks just like the full size.  I'm gonna keep refilling it for my little tiny bathroom that doens't have much counter space.  And a $0.75 coupon that doesn't expire until 12/31/06.  I then got 2 of the Kotex Ultra Thin with Wings.  The Viaativ sample contains eight pieces.  3 milk chocolate and 5 caramel.   :D  :D  :D

Faith

Re: Who else agrees?????????
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 11:43:57 AM »
Johnny, if you do a lot of shopping online (I do too) check out http://www.retailmenot.com. You can usually find a coupon code for almost anywhere you want to shop. Every little bit helps. :)