Author Topic: Wow, overwhelmed...  (Read 3674 times)

globetrotter

Wow, overwhelmed...
« on: September 11, 2006, 08:24:42 AM »
Hi everyone,

This is my first time to post here, though I have been a member of TCC for a few months.  Rachael's pictures of her 20-year anniversary at her church sparked me to do this.  

If I didn't know better, I'd think that my situation is a Hollywood fabrication, but sadly, it's not.  If I heard my story from someone, I think that I would have a hard time to believe that one person's life could be so messed up, so I can understand why it seems fictional.

The most important request I have is for my eight-year-old son.  He was born with Spina Bifida.  In 05, he started having seizures, and from that moment, his health declined.  This year, we found out that the rare night seizures, which showed up last year, should have been treated all along, but the doctor he had at the time disregarded them and said not to worry about them since he wasn't having seizures in the day.  The medication used for the night seizures failed, so we're on a race to make up for the lost year-and-a-half.  So far, none of the doctors we've seen can help him, and we've been to a couple "prestigious" places.

His health remains unstable, and he's on a heart/apnea monitor at night since he has centralized sleep apnea. (Where his brain doesn't send the commands to breathe to the lungs or to beat to the heart.)  Thank God that thus far, he's not had any alarms which sent us to the hospital, but the fear that it could happen is real.  We get nursing care for him only nine hours per week, but we need more.  (I'm tired!!)

He cannot attend school, so a teacher now comes to the house.  (The school problems are another matter.)  He often doesn't have the stamina to do much, and even when he does, his medical treatments usually prevent us from going many places.

I lost my job several years ago after an auto accident that caused three cervical herniated discs.  I've been trying to find another, but because of my son's conditions, I cannot commit to "regular hours." To make matters worse, after the accident I was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis.  I've been looking for work-from-home jobs, but many on the net are not reputable, and I certainly don't need to get messed up in any scams!  I hate to think that the years of education and work experience were wasted, so I continue to look and hope.

This is only some of our story, but they are the most important parts.  I'd very much appreciate if you would add us to your prayers.  I have one friend who has been praying for us since before my son was born, but I somehow think that maybe we need some extra help. :)

Thank you all.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by globetrotter »

Rachael

• Administrator
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 11:24:26 PM »
Should we add Globetrotter to our list, or could we get some kind of "real" name? If you prefer to remain anonymous, that's fine. However, it'd help me share this with my family if I had a name. Thanks, --Rachael
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Rachael »