Author Topic: TaylorMade R11 Series Appear Large Relative To The Ball  (Read 454 times)

heye482

TaylorMade R11 Series Appear Large Relative To The Ball
« on: April 09, 2013, 06:40:28 AM »

There’s something to be said about the adjustibility and ease with which you can tune your driver these days. TaylorMade might not have invented the adjustable driver, but they’ve nearly perfected it.

The R11S is the follow up to the wildly successful taylormade r11 driver. Raising eyebrows, TaylorMade launched an ad campaign that basically focused on its own product as the primary competition, touting the R11S as significantly longer than its predecessor, the original R11.

The TaylorMade r11s driver, the next generation of the r11 driver features plenty of innovation on the 460 cc club head design. Similar to any TaylorMade wood these days, the R11s features an all white crown with black clubface. The club head utilizes a triangular shape that provides a higher MOI by utilizing deeper, farther-forward CG position.

At 460cc, the taylormade r11s driver is at the USGA limit for size. Similar to the original R11, the new R11S features a flat-white crown color and black PVD face to improve alignment and accuracy off the tee. TaylorMade testing indicates that the majority of golfers gain confidence at address from a head that appears large relative to the ball.

Standing at address over the taylormade r11 fairway wood does inspire confidence as the white finish seems to make the head seem a little bit bigger. With all the FCT setting in neutral and the ASP plate being on neutral as well, the club sets up very square in my eye. Again, great looking down and seeing a square club at address. I can definitely see myself playing an R11 driver and even possibly an all white 5 wood or Rescue hybrid.

By the way, the taylormade r11 irons are setting here, too. Have fun!